Places to Visit in and around the Vale of Belvoir, Grantham, Nottingham, Newark and Melton Mowbray
Overlooked by stately Belvoir Castle, the wide green Vale of Belvoir (pronounced Beever) bordering Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire is an area of farmland and quiet villages, much loved by cyclists and walkers. Wildlife and bird life in abundance can be enjoyed from the doorstep. A short distance from Robin Hood country.
The accommodation at Belvoir B & B, Woodside Farm is surrounded by numerous wonderful places to attract a wide range of interests and age groups from the cities of Nottingham, Leicester and Lincoln to the quaint market towns of Melton Mowbray, Newark, Grantham and Stamford. For National Trust members we are centrally situated with easy access to numerous East Midlands National Trust Properties.
Local Activities & Attractions to enjoy during your Bed and Breakfast stay
- Belvoir Castle Privately owned by the Duke of Rutland (45 minute woodland walk)
- Burghley House, Stamford.
- Grimsthorpe Castle Park & Gardens
- Arena UK, Allington, Grantham
- Melton Mowbray – Famous Tuesday Livestock and Poultry Auction
- Belton House – National Trust, Grantham
- Woolsthorpe Manor – National Trust
- Twin Lakes, Melton Mowbray, Children’s Adventure Park
- White Post Farm
- Manor Animal Farm and Donkey Sanctuary
- Clumber Park (Cycle Hire)
- Sherwood Forest
- Downtown and Boundary Mills Designer Outlet (for some serious retail therapy!)
- National Watersports Centre
- Langar Airfield, Langar, Nottinghamshire
- Skydive, Langar.
- Barnsdale Gardens
- Wildflower Farm Langar.
- Rutland Water (Cycle Hire)
- Living Health, Grantham, Holistic treatments and serious pampering.
- Grantham to Nottingham Canal Towpath
- A Days fishing / coaching at Janson Fishery (10 min drive)
- The Vintage Tractor Centre, Canal Farm, Harby, Leicestershire LE14 4BL
- Orston Shooting Ground, Orston, Bottesford.